Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 8

Since I began Boot Camp on Sun night May 1st, I have worked out 16 times (basically 2x/day).  On Mothers Day I did absolutely nothing - not because I didn't want to - but because I hurt my back on Saturday.  You may wonder what exercise I did that bothered my back?  Believe it or not it was yard work on Saturday.  As I pulled weeds and got my gardens ready for planting I knew I was bending instead of squatting.  I ignored the signs that my back was giving me and I kept going, thinking, "no way would I hurt myself doing this if I haven't hurt myself with all the boot camp stuff".  WRONG!  Remember:  it doesn't matter how good of shape you are in, you need to listen to your body and bend/lift properly!!!!

Today - Day 8 - was very demanding.  For some reason I felt lethargic and almost turned off the alarm clock and went back to sleep.  However, the instructors voices rang loud and clear, "don't quit now - you can do this - yes you can".  Felt great to go even though my energy level was low.

Beginning to plan for life after Boot Camp and have some good ideas of what I'm going to do.  I will definitely sign up for another Boot Camp.  Probably this fall and I'm expecting some of you to bite the bullet and join me for this awesome experience.

Below is a recipe for the fabulous smoothies they made us last Friday. Worth the effort and VERY healthy!!!
1 tablespoon almond butter
2 teaspoons organic raw honey or maple syrup
1 ounce soy protein powder (plain or vanilla)
1 pinch of nutmeg
1pinch of cardamom
1 Cup almond milk (plain or vanilla)
1 medium banana
we  also added frozen strawberries!

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, Keep up the great work.
    I keep assorted frozen fruit in individual packages to whip up smoothies really fast for my son. I just line up a bunch of bags or small tupperware things on the kitchen counter and toss in sliced strawberries, bananas, carrot, blackberries, etc. When I we/ make them, if we have fresh spinach I add that also. Depending on what's int he house, I often add some, but not all of the following: juice, ice, skim milk, honey, frozen yogurt, soy protein powder. Great for him after school (before dinner) or when a sweet tooth hits. Having the packages ready to go (and no recipe to follow) makes it so easy. Otherwise I know I wouldn't do it. I tossed in some fresh celery once that I had on hand and THAT was an icky failure.

    ReplyDelete