I'm writing in pink because Sunday is Race for The Cure AND Mother's Day! What a great gift I have given myself this year. Here is what I know:
I am stronger than I thought ~ I can keep up ~ I need not be intimated ~ Not all people who look like they are "in shape" are actually physically fit ~ Getting up at 5:15 is not so bad when the results are energy, accomplishment and hopefully a physical change in the end ~ I love WW smoothies with skim milk and a cut-up banana ~ I miss watching Nightline, TLC shows and Criminal Minds late at night!
On Tuesday my second workout was a CP2 (corepower 2 hot) class @ 5:30 pm. I went in with the attitude to do what I could and get a lot of stretching and breathing in - mission accomplished! My body felt much better Tues night and Wed morning. Not quite as achy feeling. I wish I could get to a yoga class every night but life does get in the way sometimes.
Wed morning about 1/3 of the class didn't show up. The instructors warned us about this mid-week let down, when it is difficult to get out of bed and motivation wanes. My little group had 3 out of 4 and we are all very proud of ourselves and vowed to not miss any classes! Easy to say on day 3!
It is now Thurs morning and today was challenging for me. Surprising parts of my body hurt - for instance my feet and my hands (probably from holding weights). The instructors are telling me to go up on my weights and I look at them like they are out of their mind. We rocked to 80's music today - most of us singing our way through the workout....VERY FUN!
My goal is to get to a hot yoga class today and then dinner tonight with friends. It is the first meal out since Sunday night, which most of you know is extremely unusual for me. I am starting to think ahead to what I want to do after this is over. What routine will I be able to maintain? This definitely has amped up my workout capability so now where do I go, what do I do to continue the high intensity? Any ideas?
Open the sweat garage in mpls! So proud of you mommy : )
ReplyDelete